José Mourinho and Chelsea solved by mutual consent, at least in the official announcement presents their cooperation. The team in London and after the new defeat in the Premier League with a 2-1 Leicester was in 16th place with 15 points from 16 matches. And the administration after having met for several hours Wednesday, December 16 took the decision to move forward cooperation but without pay compensation to the Portuguese coach.
How did this happen; Just Mourinho he found the owner of the English club, Roman Abramovich and will not get compensation that reached 40 million euros, but just the money under the contract until the end of the season. So Mourinho noted had renewed his contract until 2019, seven months after the conquest of England Championship withdraws again from Stamford Bridge.
Indeed, the administration of the club adopted and announced on thanking the Portuguese technician for his services. “His three league titles, FA Cup, Community Shield and three League Cup wins over two spells make him the most successful manager in our 110-year history. But both Jose and the board agreed results have not been good enough this season and believe it is in the best interests of both parties to go our separate ways”. The club’s focus is now on ensuring our talented squad reaches its potential,” the statement added.
“The club wants to make clear that the Jose leaves us as a friend and will always be loved, respected and a great form of Chelsea. His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in Britain is a guarantee that he will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge”. So the second return of Mourinho at Chelsea ended ingloriously …
Chelsea´s shocking season so far
– Chelsea´s 15 points from 16 games are the worst start by a defending champion in the Premier League era (since 1992-93). The worst finish by a defending Premier League champion is seventh by Blackburn in 1995-96.
– Only two defending Premier League champions have lost more matches than Chelsea (nine) have this season: Blackburn in 1995-96 (13) and Manchester United (12) two seasons ago. Chelsea still have 22 Premier League games left to play this season.
– The Blues´ nine league losses this season are the most a Mourinho-led Chelsea team has ever suffered in a season, despite playing only 16 games so far. Last season, Chelsea only lost three league games all season.
– Chelsea has earned less than a third (31 percent) of the available points in their 16 matches so far. That´s on pace to be by far the worst-ever rate by a defending Premier League champion, a “record” currently held by 1995-96 Blackburn Rovers, who earned 54 percent of their available points. Chelsea has dropped 33 points in 16 games this season, after dropping 27 points all of last season.
– The only English champion ever relegated from the top division in the year after winning the title was Manchester City in 1937-38. After winning the title in 1936-37, City led the league in goals the following season with 80 but allowed 77 goals, the third-highest total in the league.
Go for Hiddink but …
Early reports now speak that Abramovich has already come to an agreement with Dutch, Guus Hiddink assume technical leadership by the end of the season and then we sort out who would be the next.
The Russian owner of the English team, two have into account in order to delegate technical leadership but the summer: In Argentine, Diego Simeone and Spaniard Pep Guardiola. However believed would give greater emphasis to take the first since the second all show that probably has agreed with Manchester City after the summer will go to El Ettihad to take citizens.
Now regarding the Mourinho there is a possibility not to be left without a job but to return to Madrid and take the Real since Rafa Benitez does not pass and the best days of the former European champion and the mood in the locker room and in the ranks of supporters not the best for him.