The midfielder croatian win The Best Award in London. Again won a Ronaldo and Salah
Luka Modric, writes a story! First in late August in Monte Carlo’s Grimaldi Forum, he took the «silver jersey» as UEFA’s best soccer player for the 2017-18 season. Now in the afternoon of September 24th in London, he has been – and rightly we say – the world’s top football player for 2018. He has taken the FIFA, The Best! In the hands of the president of the International Football Federation, Gianni Infantino!
The 32-year-old had a fantastic season. First played a major role in conquering Real Madrid for the third straight season of the UEFA Champions League, defeating the Kiev final by 3-1 in Liverpool. And shortly thereafter, rendering amazingly contributed to the maximum for Croatian national, for the first time in its history, to reach the final World Cup. Second ranked C. Ronaldo and third Mohamed Salah.
Obviously excited, Modric said: «This award I have got shows that we can all be the best, as long as we work hard and try endlessly. I thank my family, my teams, Real and Croatia, Cristiano Ronaldo. I want to thank my teammates in Real, but also in the National team, they did everything to get here! I dedicate it to my idol Boban, but also to Croatia in 1998. Then they made a whole generation to believe, I hope we did the same with our presence in the World of Russia».
Let us recall that federal coaches, heads of national teams, 200 journalists and fans voting on the internet (the latter) take part in the vote for the best footballer. Each side gives a 25% per category …
The FIFA Prize was an idea of Infinity’s predecessor Sepp Blatter and began in 1991, with the first winner of the German Lothar Matthaeus. Sometime he got under his auspices, «Golden Ball» in 2010, but in 2016 the two sides decided not to continue their cooperation and every prize returned to his home!
For the second time in the same year (first he was in Monte Carlo) the Portuguese, Cristiano Ronaldo did not go to London to give the present. The fact that he was informed that he would not be the winner, tortured him and did not go to the English capital, showing that his character is a bit mysterious. Someone his agent, the administration of Juventus or FIFA should make some remarks … For his image. For the image of Juventus. His country and his own, what he does not fit …
Salah is the best goal
The Egyptian striker of Liverpool won the best goal of the year. Salah took the prize for the goal he scored in Anfield in a championship match against Everton.
The Frenchman Didier Deschamps the man who played a major role in getting the national team to the top of the world for the second time in her history, has won the top coach award!
«I want to thank the President of the French Federation. We all know that a coach does not succeed alone, I want to thank my players for helping me get this title, «said Deschamps .
5 players from Real Madrid
Real Madrid had 5 footballers in the best 11th season of the 2017-18 season at the FIFA awards. At 4-2-3-1 selected by the FIFA Special Committee, the goalkeeper was the Spaniard, De Gea (Real). In defense from right Danny Alves (Paris Saint Germain) left Brazilian, Marcello (Real Madrid). Central duo are Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varane (Real Madrid). In the midfield Luka Modric (Real), Kante (Chelsea), Hazard (Chelsea), Messi (Barcelona) and attack by C.Ronaldo (Real – Juventus), Mbappe (Paris Saint Germain).
De Gea, Kante and Mbappe in World 11
N’Golo Kante, Raphael Varane and Kylian Mbappe were voted onto the FIFA FIFPro World 11 by their fellow professional footballers. The three French World Cup winners are among five newcomers who team-up with World 11 veterans such as Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. David De Gea and Eden Hazard also make their first appearance in the team, which was selected by 25,000 professional footballers from 65 countries in a vote organized by FIFPro.
The World Players’ Union invited players worldwide to pick a team of 1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards based on their performance during the 2017/2018 season.
THE WORLD 11 IS:
Player (country, last season’s team)
David De Gea (Spain, Manchester United)
Dani Alves (Brazil, Paris Saint-Germain)
Raphael Varane (France, Real Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Spain, Real Madrid)
Marcelo (Brazil, Real Madrid)
Luka Modric (Croatia, Real Madrid)
N’Golo Kante (France, Chelsea)
Eden Hazard (Belgium, Chelsea)
Kylian Mbappe (France, Paris Saint-Germain
Lionel Messi (Argentina, Barcelona)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, Real Madrid/currently Juventus)
WORLD 11 FACTS:
· This is the 14th edition of the World 11. The award was established by FIFPro in 2005 and became part of FIFA’s annual award ceremony in 2009.
· Messi and Ronaldo have been selected for the 12 (straight) time. They both share the record for most appearances.
· Ramos is third on the all-time list with 9 appearances. The Real Madrid captain equaled Andres Iniesta‘s total.
· Alves is fifth with 8 selections, Marcelo has 5 and Modric 4.
· Alves, Marcelo, Messi, Modric, Ramos and Ronaldo all have been part of the last 4 World 11’s.
· Iniesta is one of five players of last year’s World 11 who did not receive enough votes to return in this year’s team. The others are Gianluigi Buffon, Leonardo Bonucci, Toni Kroos and Neymar Jr. Of these five, Kroos was closest to making the team, even though he was 1,560 votes behind Hazard, the number three midfielder.
· Hazard is the first Belgian player to win a World 11 award.
· Mbappe is the youngest player ever to win the World 11 award. The record was previously hold by Messi, who won his first trophy for his performance during the 2006/2007 season, just before turning 20 in June 2007. Mbappe will celebrate his 20th birthday in December this year.
· Modric received most votes of all players: 20,473 footballers selected him for their personal World 11. Four other men who last season played for Real are in the top six: Marcelo (2nd), Ronaldo (3rd), Ramos (4th) and Varane (6th). Messi finished 5th as the first player not from Real. (Note: defenders statistically have a bigger chance of being selected than players from other lines, as players pick 4 defenders, 3 attackers and midfielders and 1 goalkeeper).
· Real Madrid has 5 players in the World 11 (Marcelo, Modric, Ramos, Ronaldo and Varane), the most of any club.
· Messi is the only Barcelona player in the World 11. Never before in the 14-year World 11 history did Barcelona have so few players in the team.
· Barcelona does hold the record for most all-time appearances: 49 times a player from the Catalan team was picked. Real is second with 43 awards. Chelsea is third with 11 thanks to Hazard and Kante’s trophies.
· De Gea is the first Premier League goalkeeper to be voted onto the World 11. The previous goalkeepers were playing in Serie A (Dida and Buffon), La Liga (Iker Casillas) or Bundesliga (Manuel Neuer).
· The Spanish League collected most awards again: 6. The English Premier League received 3, which was the first time since 2014 that an English club obtained an award. Angel Di Maria won that year, although he played the first half of that year at Real Madrid before joining Manchester United in the summer. In 2011, Wayne Rooney and Nemanja Vidic were the last two players to get a World 11 award after playing an entire year at an English club.
· In total, La Liga has received 94 World 11 awards, followed by the Premier League (27) and Serie A (23).
· Including Kante, Mbappe and Varane, 10 French players have won a World 11 trophy. Only Brazil has more winners: 11. Spain also has 10 players. However, the 10 Spanish players received 42 awards in total, while the French only picked up 11. The only French player with more than one award is Zinedine Zidane: 2 (2004/2005 and 2005/2006).
· FIFPro received most ballots from England (1,576), followed by Japan, Spain, Venezuela and Colombia.